TL;DR - Y Combinator is a famous and growing accelerator program that has a high success rate in aiding founders.
Tags - Y Combinator, seed round, equity, startups
- What does Y Combinator offer to founders?
- What is the Y Combinator experience?
- Y Combinator has evolved to have a more international footprint with a focus on emerging markets.
- On top of its 3-month seed accelerator program, Y Combinator launched a Series A program and offers an online course.
- Y Combinator offers its companies $150K in exchange for 7% equity.
- The program is open ended; includes office hours, feedback sessions, checkpoints, and an orientation.
- Participants use Demo Day to attract investors for a seed round.
- Y Combinator founders list the alumni network as the most valuable asset from the accelerator.
- The diligence and fundraising cycles are much faster in the US than in other countries.
Follow up links:
- Y Combinator website, https://www.ycombinator.com/
- Seed round, https://blog.ycombinator.com/how-to-raise-a-seed-round/