TL;DR - Andreessen Horowitz founding partner Marc Andreessen lays out his influential vision for the future of startups and venture capital, writing in 2011.
Helpfulness - 3
Tags - notable investors, vc development, trends
- Who is Marc Andreessen?
- What vision did he have for the world in 2011 and how did he envision VC fitting in?
- Marc Andreessen founded several billion-dollar companies before founding Andreessen Horowitz and becoming a VC thought leader.
- Tech companies are not in a bubble, but rather poised to grow in influence and shape the entire economy over the next few years.
- Health care and education may be the next big movers in software.
- Tech incumbents may also be disrupted.
- Education will be critical to reallocate workers in disrupted industries to new tech jobs.
- Many of the new firms will emerge from Silicon Valley with the help of VC.
Follow up links:
- Five years later follow-up, https://techcrunch.com/2016/06/07/software-is-eating-the-world-5-years-later/
- Andreessen Horowitz blog, https://a16z.com/