TL;DR - Some examples of popular ICO platforms are: Ethereum, Waves, NEO, NEM, and Stellar.
Helpfulness - 3
Tags - initial coin offering, ICO, ICO platforms, Ethereum, Waves, NEO, NEM, Stellar,
- What are some popular platforms for ICOs?
- Over 82 percent of ICO projects issue their tokens on Ethereum.
- Around 9 percent of ICO projects develop their own custom Blockchain platform for different purposes; Ethereum did this to expand the capabilities of Bitcoin’S Blockchain beyond a peer-to-peer payment system.
- Ethereum dominates the blockchain market; its native token Ether is the world’s second most valuable cryptocurrency behind Bitcoin,
- Waves is a Russia-based project founded in 2016. It’s currently the second most popular platform used to issue ICO tokens behind Ethereum.
- Ethereum, Waves, NEO, NEM, and Stellar have already had at least several successful ICOs held on them.