TL;DR - The VC industry lacks diversity, impacting investments.
Helpfulness - 3
Topic Tags - diversity, demographics, growth, women in VC, visualizations
- How is the VC demographic?
- What are some relevant stats?
- How has VC demographics changed?
- Visit website for fantastic visuals.
- From 2016 -> 2018: Asian ^ 3%, blacks ^ 1%, hispanic --, women ^7%
- From 2016 -> 2018: White women ^4% Asian male ^1%, Asian female ^2% black female ^1%
- 40% are from Stanford or Harvard
- The people in VC group with people from similar backgrounds. This spreads to investments. “It is no surprise as to why the demographics of most venture-backed startups also reflects the demographics of the venture capitalists that fund these companies”