TL;DR - Li Jin uses her platform as partner at Andreessen Horowitz to cultivate a position of thought leadership in the VC world, particularly around the Passion Economy.
Helpfulness - 3
Tags - notable investors, vc thought leaders, trends, passion economy
- Who is Li Jin?
- What is her role as a VC thought leader?
- How does she envision the changing economy?
- Li Jin is a partner at Andreessen Horowitz focused on early-stage consumer tech and known for defining and focusing on what she calls the “passion economy.”
- Modern online marketplaces no longer “flatten individuality,” but offer the chance to build a loyal customer base and monetize unique skills and passions.
- Examples of the passion economy include platforms like Substack and Podia.
- Li predicts that the Gig Economy will transition to a Passion Economy.
- These changes have already come to marketplaces for physical products (e.g. Amazon vs. Spotify) but will soon come to services as well.
- Marketplaces will need to include incentives and helpful tools as they scale to avoid customers and content creators taking the relationship offline.
Follow up links: