TL;DR - Mary Meeker became a thought leader in the VC world through her widely-read annual Internet Trends Report.
Helpfulness - 3
Tags - notable investors, vc thought leaders
- Who is Mary Meeker?
- How did she become a VC thought leader and what is her impact on the industry?
- Mary Meeker became a tech thought leader when she started publishing her annual Internet Trends Report as an analyst at Morgan Stanley in the 1990s.
- She left Wall Street to join the VC world as a partner at Kleiner Perkins in 2011.
- The release of the report every year is a major event in the tech world, and it can even drive increased use of the apps and services it mentions.
Follow up links:
- Meeker’s latest Internet Trends Report, https://www.axios.com/mary-meeker-coronavirus-trends-report-0690fc96-294f-47e6-9c57-573f829a6d7c.html