TL;DR - SBICs are an avenue for small businesses to secure capital.
Helpfulness - 2
Tags - SBIC, debenture, venture capital, SBA
- What is an SBIC?
- How do SBICs finance businesses?
- What is a debenture?
- SBICs borrow from the government; Small Business Administration matches investments (2 to 1 rate)
- The SBA provides SBICs with a set amount of leverage for a set amount of time.
- SBICs usually focuses on investments in the 100K-250k range.
Follow up links:
- Small Business Administration, https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/small-business-administration.asp
- Debenture, https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/debenture.asp