TL;DR - Women have been marginalized in the VC industry for a very long time, but recently, there has been a rise in female CEOs and they hold a big part of the industry’s future.
Helpfulness - 3
Topic Tags - Future of VC, Women in VC
- What is the future of female CEO’s in the VC realm?
- Companies founded solely by women garnered 2.3% of all VC dollars invested in the US last year.
- Nearly half of investments secured by female CEOs are angel or seed investments
- In the past decade, there has been an upward trend in number of female CEOs being financed
- Throughout all the change in VC industry, women have been able to see the future best
- In 2018, we saw for the first time in history that for 2 consecutive years that female-founded companies went public
- Disparity between male and female CEO pitching process https://hbr.org/2017/06/male-and-female-entrepreneurs-get-asked-different-questions-by-vcs-and-it-affects-how-much-funding-they-get