TL;DR - “density, talent, and tolerance” these three factors come together to make hubs boom.
Helpfulness - 4
Topic Tags - Hubs, emerging hubs, startup hubs, VC trends
- What are hubs?
- Where are hubs?
- What incentives drive the formation of hubs?
- West Coast and mid-Atlantic have always been VC booming locations, but recently various other locations have been seeing more frequent deals, including Duhram NC, Saltlake, and Florida.
- Startup hubs include Saltlake, Durham, Austin, Seattle, and Denver/Boulder. These places have lots of opportunities and are not in California where the cost of living is high.
- Cities full of smart, ambitious, hardworking people, combined with good universities are places where VC opportunities will be present. (“density, talent, and tolerance”)
- Phononic, a successful VC backed company chose to have its headquarters in NC, showing the trend in VC.
- Places with affordable housing and open offices are great for startups.