TL;DR - ARD made waves as the first recognized modern venture capital firm in the US.
Helpfulness - 3
Tags - ARD, Georges Doriot, venture capital, Harvard Business School
- What inspired the push to modern VC in the US?
- What entities preceded VC firms in financing private companies?
- Who were prominent figures at ARD?
- What were the notable investments in ARD’s portfolio
- ARD (American Research and Development Corps) showed consistent gains by 1955.
- ARD offered businesses financial support in addition to management support.
- Doriot championed the idea that the right people are more important than money in terms of entrepreneurship.
Follow up links: