TLDR: White males control much of the startup industry, and in order to succeed as POC or woman one must be ready to face failure.
Topic Tags:Diversity, Startups, Tech
- Is the Tech Startup industry diverse?
- How can nonwhite founders start a company?
- What barriers do nonwhite founders face?
- What steps can nonwhite founders take to reduce barriers?
- Don’t Be Afraid to Fail Up. While every entrepreneur knows failure is a possibility, women and minorities feel more social pressure to be risk averse.
- Find the right investor, someone who will provide you with the funding and guidance to succeed.
- Don’t get mad at microaggressions, or when things feel unfair. Just keep working.
- Build a strong pitch deck, this is where you can impress investors and how you can prove your worth
Follow Up Questions:
Are there any nonwhite tech startups that have succeeded?